Our focus is to always go together with our clients, in all phases of their project, from their initial idea to the total execution until realisation of the full potential of their asset.
- To participate in strategic business relationships, contributing with our clients’ vision to support and assist them throughout the design phase to achieve their project’s goals.
- To support the way the industry engages with Structural Engineering, Consulting, Party Wall, and our Services in the UK and abroad. Counting on the representation of talent in the UK and through trade agreements between participating and collaborating practises, with the contribution and initiative of companies and associations interested in local and overseas markets.
- To offer to our clients the ethical and technical guarantees inherent to their status as a key member of the project.
- To support the representation, promotion, and defence of the common interests of our clients and, in many cases their own clients, both inside and outside the UK.
- To encourage the professional and personal development of Engineers and Engineering advancement through research and innovation. Also, help the local economy and society in general, within the framework of genuine sustainable building developments.
- To care for every client in the same way as a Stakeholder of our company.
The greater vision of Compass Property Engineering is to unite the skills of Structural Engineers and Surveyors in the UK with those in other countries. We already work closely with consultants and talent in Europe. We aim to recognise the skills required to carry out the work by Structural Engineers and Surveyors acknowledging their capabilities, their depth of experience and credibility.
Acknowledge the value of each team member who individually plays their important role in the construction industry.
Have a reliable team who design structures with the goal/aim to construct safe buildings. A team that satisfies the demanding quality processes influencing and affecting the Health & Safety and well-being of our Society who are ultimately the end-users of our carefully designed buildings and structures.
Philosophy and Values
We are a team of multi-skilled professionals who have a core of providing Excellence and Value with a vocation to deliver quality Customer Service. We act with efficiency, rigour, and honesty, transmitting confidence, a mutual alliance, and professionalism.
We participate in annual CPD (Continuing Professional Development), thereby ensuring that we are up to date with Legislation and Regulation which we implement into our construction. This ensures we are at the top of our game with the constant changes in legislation and standards to improve the way our buildings are constructed and managed.
We currently produce Computer Aided Designs in 2-Dimensions using AutoCAD® software. We will be soon generating structural models in 3-Dimensional, using the tools within the Revit® software environment, and incorporating BIM (Building Information Modelling) protocols as more clients demand for this feature to be incorporated into our workflow. Currently, we have a working method that is defined in the context of collaborative culture and integrated practice, generating a virtual model in 2-D and in real time. The virtual models we generate in 2-D will be soon updated to 3-D.
The initial design phase is to prepare a first structural scheme design for initial comments from other design disciplines, the structure is adjusted, or changed to suit the design of other disciplines; this process of adjustment can take several iterations, depending on the size of the project. It can be a few days or for larger projects where other factors will have an impact on the structural form, it can take weeks or months to finalise a fully coordinated design. During the second phase, the design is taken to a higher level of detail where construction specifications, technical details, material tables and other schedules are produced. Then, this information is gathered in a technically coordinated package of information together with other disciplines, and it enters a process of pricing, or tendering. The tendering process will attract cost quotes by suitable contractors familiar with the proposed scheme and the type of works. Once a contractor is chosen, the construction begins and a phase of technical support and inspection during construction is carried out.
The computerised models generally contain all the information to different levels of detail. These levels are related to the building elements and inventory to be used and maintained throughout its life cycle to reduce inefficient use of time and resources during the design, construction, and its entire useful life, guaranteeing the subsequent maintenance of the building after construction. Coordination with other disciplines is crucial in both strategies, 2-D and 3-D, as every individual design team (architects, mechanical and electrical engineers, civil engineers, and others) add their own different model/expertise to be synchronised and coordinated until all structural elements are seamlessly joined in harmony to meet the client’s vision and purpose. This careful and vital process reduces the need to provide costly solutions to unforeseen challenges during construction and enables the end user to keep the maintenance of the building controlled during its life cycle. All designed elements are captured and kept once fully synchronised and coordinated electronic file.
- Promote the image of the Structural Engineering sector at a national and international level, introducing the relevance and significance of its activity and professional excellence.
- Establishment of collaboration agreements with institutions for the mutual achievement of our goals.
- Promote the use of a thorough recruitment criteria where quality prevails, with special vigilance on the correct candidates making best use of the correct standard’s application of design principles.
- Monitoring of opportunities within the framework of the national economic recovery, improvement of the housing market and support of plans to boost the construction industry and generation of new and better homes.
- Premature discovery of potential business opportunities with the option of addressing them jointly; between all the companies with whom we collaborate.
- Participation in the promotion of skills, acting and collaborating with other professional institutions and regulation bodies.
- Positioning and contributing to the public with a social media campaign to promote topics of special interest in buildings and the construction industry.
- Identification of opportunities and services for partnerships, primarily in relation to carbon footprint mitigation and reduction from the start of the design.
- Promotion of the best professional and business development, through continuous participation in key events either promoted by the Institution of Civil Engineers or by any other reputable institution.
- Obtain ISO9001 Certification to potion our company within a selected number of companies who take client care and standards seriously.
- Continue to promote the image of the Structural Engineering sector at a national and international level, expanding on the significance of our activities.
- Influence the development and follow all the Regulations that benefit the Engineering sector and ensure the success of Safety and Quality.
- Search for new market niches where we can offer services and obtain new clients and to other companies as sub-contractors.
- Expand our capabilities to other key sectors of the economy in which we have been involved as individuals, such as Transportation, Aviation, Nuclear Engineering, Civil Engineering, Heritage, Healthcare and Education.
- Promotion and engagement with the image of engineering through meetings with heads of contracting bodies and other relevant entities such as the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Adaptation of new processes of digitisation and cloud-based information for remote collaboration.
- Identification of potential partners, architectural practices with similar capabilities and standards, start-ups, suppliers, and associations to advance the services that our engineering services can provide in the digital transformation.
If you have a project in mind and don’t know where to start, get in touch. We work with a good number of excellent architects and together we can help make your project idea a reality.